Download page Always Be Informed About Firmware Updates and Licenses.
Always Be Informed About Firmware Updates and Licenses
As of UMS 5.09.100, you can get notifications about newly available firmware updates, thin client licenses, or UMS licenses. By default, notifications are enabled and pop up when you start the UMS Console. In this article, you will learn how to adapt this feature to your needs.
Basically, all users with read permission can see the notifications. The notifications are displayed after starting the UMS Console. When the dialog is closed, the notifications can still be viewed anytime under Help > Notifications.
Enabling the Notification Function
- Go to UMS Administration > Misc Settings.
- Activate Enable notifications.
The notification feature is active. The notifications can be viewed under Help > Notifications.
Configuring the Notifications Pop-Up
- Go to Misc > Settings > Notifications.
- Enable Show notifications on startup to display the notification window as a pop-up every time the UMS Console is started.
- Under Show following notification for the current user or group select Show custom.
- Specify which content should be displayed in the notification:
- Thin Client Licenses
- Universal Management Licenses
- Universal Firmware Updates
- Confirm the settings with OK.