For details on the supported database systems, see the "Supported Environment" section of the release notes. Details of the requirements when installing and operating the database can be found in the documentation for the particular DBMS.
As with other external databases, we recommend that you create a new database instance for use by the IGEL UMS.
Perform the following steps to create a new database instance and define the instance as a data source in the UMS Administrator:
- For security purposes, enable User Authentication in the Derby DB.
- Launch the ij Utility (in [
- To create the rmdb instance, execute the following command:
- Create the schema
rmloginusing the following command:
create schema rmlogin;
- Define the UMS database user
rmloginwith the password
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.rmlogin', 'rmpassword');
- Exit ij and launch the Derby Network Server.
- In the UMS Administrator, create a new data source with the following parameters:
DerbyHost: Name of the Derby Server
Port: Port of the Derby Server. (Default: 1527)
rmloginDatabase / SID:
For further information regarding installation of the Derby database, see http://db.apache.org/derby.