Once you have created the template keys and values and configured profiles using the template keys, you will need to bring together the keys and values again on the thin client.
To assign to a thin client a template profile and the values needed to replace the keys, proceed as follows:
- Select a template profile and assign it in the usual manner to a group of thin clients or a thin client directory.
- Select a value for each template key used in the profile.
- Assign the relevant values to the corresponding thin clients.
- Assign further key values to further thin clients. Several values for various keys can also be assigned collectively ([Shift ]and [Ctrl] keys).
Each thin client must then have an assigned value for each key in the assigned profiles.
To check that template profiles and values have been assigned correctly, proceed as follows:
- Click on Thin Clients in the top menu bar.
- Select Check the Template Definitions.
The selected and checked thin clients are flagged according to the result:
all template keys are defined
missing template keys
- Double-click on the message in the message window to open the error log for the check function:
Or click on a thin client and the results of the check will be shown immediately:
As soon as the thin clients receive their updated profile settings (e.g. automatically after restarting the clients), the keys contained in the profile for each thin client will be replaced by the corresponding value from their assignment to the thin client and then transferred to the thin client. The local thin client setup thus receives only the usual parameter values and no more keys.