You can configure a thin client via the UMS in the following ways:
- Via Structure tree > [Thin Client Context Menu] > Edit Configuration: Here, you can edit the client setup as you would if you were working at the device itself.
- Via a profile: You assign part-configurations to the client via a profile.
- Via shadowing with VNC: By shadowing the client, you can work in the setup on the device itself.
You can edit the thin client configuration locally in the client setup or directly for this client in the IGEL UMS:
Double-click on the thin client in the structure tree
or select Edit configuration from the menu / context menu
or select the corresponding symbol from the symbol bar.
The configuration dialog for a thin client in the UMS and the profile configuration procedure are structured in the same way as the local setup for a thin client. Details of this are set out in the relevant manual.
With a click on this symbol you can reset settings to the default value from UMS version 5.09.100 on.
To determine when changes to the configuration are to take effect, proceed as follows.
- Change the configuration.
- Click on Save.
- Select when the settings are to take effect.
- Next Reboot: The thin client will automatically retrieve its settings each time it boots.
- Now: The settings will be transferred to the thin client immediately.
If the thin client is not switched on, this operation cannot be performed and the thin client will be given its settings the next time it reboots. In both cases, the settings will initially be saved in the database.If you have selected Immediately, a pop-up dialog will ask the user whether the new settings should take effect immediately. You can change the user message using the following two registry parameters: