In value groups, logically associated values from various template keys can be brought together and assigned together to thin clients.
If for example you have various profiles which are to receive country-specific settings via template keys and value assignments, all values for a country / a language can be grouped in a value group. When such a group is assigned, a thin client also receives all values for its country / its language contained in it.
To create a group, proceed as follows:
- Create a template profile with keys and values.
- Click on System>New>New Value Group in order to create a new value group.
- Enter a name and description for the group.
- Select the desired values from each key, multiple selections are possible.
- Confirm your settings by clicking on OK.
- Create further groups.
- Assign the template profile to all thin clients.
- Assign the appropriate group in each case to the devices.
- Highlight the Thin Clients tree node.
- Click on Thin Clients>Check the Template Definitions in order to check the definitions.
The result is shown in the message window.
After the next restart or a manual transfer, the thin clients will receive the new session data with shared and country-specific profile settings.