With the new knowledge about profiles you can start to apply this feature.
To ensure that you can use all new features of IGEL OS:
Update your UMS to the current version.
For all relevant profiles, set Based on to the appropriate firmware version.
Creating a new profile in the UMS:
- Select Profile from the menu System>New,
or select the corresponding option from the context menu
or import a previously created profile.
The New Profile dialog window will appear.
- Enter a Name and a Description for the profile.
Specify whether the new profile Inherits Settings from an existing profile or device.If you need an "empty" profile that will not use any existing settings, you must select a firmware version for the new profile. In this case, do not select an object from the tree structure.
- Under Based on, select the firmware fitting to the clients which you want to assign the profile.
- Select one of the possible options:
Attention! This option Before changing the default settings, inform yourself about the consequences of other options in New Profile - Options. Activate all settings blocks all settings in the local setup! Overwrite Sessions shall be activated only in exceptional cases. With this option you can override free instances of all other profiles.
- Activate no settings: Initially there are no active parameters.
- Activate all settings: All available parameters of the profile will be active.
- Overwrite Sessions: All free instances will be overwritten by the profile.
Click OKto set up and save the profile.The new profile will be placed in the selected profile directory. If there is no directory selected, the new profile will be put directly in the directory Profiles.
- Set your settings.
- Click Apply to save the settings without quitting the profile.
Click Save to save the settings and quit the profile.For better overview it is recommended to sort profiles in subdirectories.