You can highlight or select objects in the structure tree by clicking on them. Multiple selections are possible using the [Shift] or [Ctrl] key.
From UMS Version 5.01.100, you can specify whether the UMS Console should remember the open areas in the structure tree and show them open the next time that it starts. With extensive structures, however, this can result in longer starting times. You will find the Load collapsed/uncollapsed tree status at login setting under Misc > Settings > Appearance.
From UMS Version 5.03.100, you can increase the speed when scrolling for drag & drop actions. Acceleration starts as soon as the object moved touches the bottom edge of the structure tree window. Acceleration is helpful if the structure tree contains a very large number of objects. To change the scroll speed, enable Extras > Settings > General > Increase drag and drop acceleration and set the Acceleration factor to a suitable value.
The number of elements contained including elements in sub-folders is shown after each folder. You can change this setting under Misc > Settings > Appearance > Show content amount of directories.
The structure tree is subdivided into the following areas:
- Profiles: Create and organize standard profiles.
- Master Profiles: Create and organize master profiles.
- Template Keys and Groups: Keys and values for use in template profiles.
- Firmware Customizations: Customize the user interface to suit your corporate design.
- Devices: Organize managed devices.
- Mobile Devices: Organize managed mobile devices.
- Shared Workplace users: Assign specific profiles to AD users.
- Views: Create configurable list views for devices.
- Jobs: Define scheduled tasks, e.g. firmware updates.
- Files: Registering Files for transfer to devices.
- Universal Firmware Update: Allows you to download the current firmware versions for distribution to devices.
- Search History: Saved search queries.
- Recycle Bin: Deleted and restorable objects.