Menu path: UMS Administrator > Backups
Default path to the UMS Administrator:
To create a backup of the UMS installation with the embedded database, proceed as follows:
- In the left-hand column, select Backups.
- Click on Change to change the storage location for your backups.
- Click on Create.
- Under Backup name, enter a name for the backup.
- Select the backup settings under Choose backup settings:
The following can be selected:
- Select all: Database, licenses, server configurations, and transfer files (normally, you’ll use this option to ensure that no components are missing from the backup)
- Legacy: Database
- All files: Licenses and transfer files
Custom: You can select the data which are to be backed up.
All certificates are included in the database backup.
Settings area in the UMS Administrator application. Exceptions: GUI server port, JWS server port, and ciphers – they are host-specific, i.e. stored separately on each server and cannot be part of any backup. Therefore, you should note the values of these settings if they differ from the defaults and, in the case of recovery/migration procedure, they must be changed on each server manually.The backup Server Configurations includes most configurations of the
Confirm your selection by clicking on OK.
The data will be saved in the directory you have selected.
Remember to back up also the UMS Licensing ID, see UMS Licensing ID Backup or UMS Licensing ID Backup on the Command Line.
The full range of backup options in the UMS Administrator is only available if you use the embedded database for your UMS Server installation.
If you use an external database, proceed as follows to make a complete backup of your system:
- For the database itself, use the backup and recovery procedures recommended by the DBMS manufacturer.
Back up server configurations with the UMS Administrator > Backups > Create > Custom > Server configurations:
- Certificates, licenses, and files must be backed up separately, i.e. manually copied to a secure storage medium. You can find them here:
[IGEL installation directory]/rmtcserver/*
[IGEL installation directory]/rmclient/cacerts
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/cacerts
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/irm_keystore
If you do not save the certificates, you will not be able to communicate with the endpoint devices anymore.
Files and firmware updates
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/webapps/ums_filetransfer(without the
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/webapps/e08ce61-d6df-4d2b-b44a-14c1ec722c44(without the
- Back up also the UMS Licensing ID, see UMS Licensing ID Backup or UMS Licensing ID Backup on the Command Line.
- For HA installations only: Save the IGEL network token created during the installation, see Installing the First Server in an HA Network.