Unlike the short format, the long format also allows further data, e.g. the storage directory in the UMS structure tree, serial number, site etc. to be imported. You will see what information can be imported after selecting the long format in the import dialog.
The long format provides the following data:
- Directory: Storage directory in the UMS structure tree
- MAC Address: MAC address of the device
- Product and Version: Product name and firmware version of the device (separated with a semicolon)
Name: Device name
- The maximal length of the device name is restricted to 15 characters if Adjust network name if UMS-internal name has been changed is enabled under UMS Console > UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Network Settings.
- The length of the device name is not restricted if Adjust network name if UMS-internal name has been changed and Naming Convention are not activated under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Network Settings.
- Each device name will be automatically overwritten in compliance with the naming convention, even if Adjust network name if UMS-internal name has been changed is enabled, in case Enable naming convention is activated under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Network Settings.
See also Device Network Settings.
- Site: Location of the device
- Department: Department to which the device is assigned
- Comment: Comment regarding the device
- Asset ID: Inventory number of the device
- In-Service Date: Date on which the device was commissioned
- Serial Number: Serial number of the device
Profile Assignments: ID of the assigned profile or a list of IDs separated by commas if a number of profiles are to be assigned to the deviceYou can remove a profile assignment already made by placing an exclamation mark in front of the profile ID. Example:
!12The ID of a profile is shown in the description data and in the tooltip for the profile.
- Cost Center: Cost center to which the device is assigned
/Import;00E0C5540B9A;IGEL OS 11;11.01.100.01;IGEL-1;Büro1;EDV;Meier;0815;01.06.2019;F44M;26;01
/Import;00E0C5540B9B;IGEL OS 11;11.01.100.01;IGEL-2;Büro2;EDV;Müller;4711;01.06.2019;F45M;26;01
/Import;00E0C5540B9C;IGEL OS 11;11.01.100.01;IGEL-2;Büro3;EDV;Schulz;42;01.06.2019;F46M;26;01
A slash "/" means that the devices will be placed in the root directory. In the above examples, the devices are thus placed in the folder "Import" under root (the folder "Import" must exist).