When the main UMS Licensing ID is not synchronized between the UMS Servers, UMS Licensing ID status under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Licenses reads "Not in sync, please restart server", see UMS Licensing ID. However, even when you restart the UMS Server, the UMS Licensing ID sometimes remains unsynchronized. In this case, the manual synchronization is required.
- UMS 6.01.100 or higher
- High Availability (HA) environment
The manual synchronization of the UMS Licensing ID includes the following steps:
- Locating the server holding the main UMS Licensing ID
- Creating a backup of the UMS Licensing ID on that server
- Restoring the created backup on all servers with the UMS Licensing ID unsynchronized and restarting all servers
Holding the Main UMS Licensing IDLocating the Server
To find out which server of the HA installation holds the Main UMS Licensing ID:
- Open UMS Console and navigate to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Licenses > UMS Licensing ID.
- Find the server with UMS Licensing ID status saying "Main UMS Licensing ID".
Creating a Backup of the UMS Licensing ID
- Open the UMS Administrator on the server with the main UMS Licensing ID you located in the previous step.
Default path to the UMS Administrator:
- Go to UMS Licensing ID Backup.
- Click Change if you want to change the directory for storing the backup.
- Click Create.
The UMS Licensing ID Backup dialog opens.
- Under UMS Licensing ID backup name, specify a name for the backup.
- Under Set UMS Licensing ID password, specify a password for the backup and confirm it. Remember the password, otherwise you won't be able to restore the backup.
- Click Ok.
The backup has been created.
- Transfer the created backup to every server where the UMS Licensing ID is not in sync.
Restoring the Backup on All Servers with the UMS Licensing ID Unsynchronized
- Open the UMS Administrator > UMS Licensing ID Backup on every server where the UMS Licensing ID is not in sync.
- Click Change and select the directory where the backup was saved.
The backup appears in the list of the available UMS Licensing ID backups.
- Select the backup and click Restore.
The Restore UMS Licensing ID dialog opens.
- Enter the password and click OK.
- Confirm the restoring.
- Repeat the procedure for all servers with the UMS Licensing ID unsynchronized.
- When the backup restoring procedure is complete, restart all servers if you have not yet done so.
In the UMS Console, the UMS Licensing ID status under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Licenses > UMS Licensing ID should show that the UMS Licensing ID is now synchronized on all servers.