Menu path: UMS Administrator > Settings
Default path to the UMS Administrator:
Using the UMS Administrator, you can change various server settings.
Server port: The devices connect to this port. (Default: 30001)
GUI server port: Establishes the connection to the server. This port must be entered in the login window for the IGEL UMS Console. (Default: 8443)
JWS server port: This port allows the UMS Console to be started with Java Web Start via a non-encrypted connection. For this to be possible, this port must be specified in the connection URL, e.g.
http://hostname:9080/start_rm.html. (Default: 9080)
Database port (embedded DB): Port for communication with the embedded DB. (Default: 1528
For external databases, the port is defined under Data Sources.
Allow connection via SSL only
A connection will only be allowed via SSL.
Database Setup Configuration
Remote manager ID (read-only): Unique key for the UMS instance. This is read out automatically.
The cipher configuration is server-specific and excluded from database backups.
If you are using UMS High Availability (HA), the ciphers have to be configured for each server separately.
Configure Ciphers: Use this button to open the Cipher Selection dialog, where you can define which ciphers can be used by the UMS Server.
In the Cipher Selection dialog, you can perform the following actions:
- Set active: Add the cipher selected in the Inactive Ciphers list to the list of active ciphers.
- Set inactive: Remove the cipher selected in the Active Ciphers list from the list of active ciphers.
- Use defaults: Restore the default cipher settings.
- Ok: Save the changes.
- Cancel: Discard all changes.
If your server has ciphers from previous installations, there is a possibility that some ciphers are not considered trustworthy any longer.
The levels of security are represented by colors:
- Normal display color (black or white, depending on the theme): The cipher is considered trustworthy and is used by Tomcat.
- Red color: The cipher is not considered trustworthy and is not used by Tomcat. This cipher cannot be used.
- Orange color: The cipher is used by Tomcat but is not considered trustworthy by IGEL or Tomcat or another institution. It is recommended not to use this cipher.
The following example includes ciphers with all 3 levels of security: