Access rights in the IGEL UMS include:
- General rights which can be granted to an administrator or denied either directly via the account or indirectly on the basis of the group membership
- Access rights to objects in the structure tree
- Actions within the UMS Console
The indirect rights given to an administrator on the basis of their group membership can be changed further for each administrator in the group. In this case, rights that were granted directly have precedence over those granted indirectly.
An administrator can be a member of several groups and receive the corresponding rights. If permission settings contradict each other, the withdrawal of permissions takes precedence over the granting. If a prohibition regarding an action or object from a group is issued, it will overrule all rights from other groups.
Generally speaking, the same permission settings are used for groups and administrators. The following description of individual configuration options for administrators therefore applies equally to groups too.
- Basic Access Rights
- General Administrator Rights
- Object-Related Access Rights
- Access Rights in the Administration Area