We will create three profiles which we assign directly and indirectly to a client:
- Device Configuration: You specify the mouse settings on the device itself. In this case (green), the left-handed mouse is specified.
- Profile A: You assign to the device a language profile in which (red) the language and the keyboard layout are set to German.
- Profile B: You assign to a higher-level directory a profile with screen configuration. This specifies the resolution and the dual screen settings and the language is set to English (blue).
The settings that arrive at the client are:
- Green: Left-handed mouse (TC configuration)
- Red: Language and keyboard German (Profile A)
- Blue: Resolution and dual screen setting (Profile B)
The "English" language setting from Profile B has no effect on the device because Profile A has set the language parameter to German. Because Profile A is closer to the client, it has priority.