In order to install an IGEL UMS High Availability network, your hardware and software must meet the following minimum requirements.
Installing UMS High Availability Network
UMS Server (includes UMS Server, UMS Administrator and UMS Console)
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- At least 5 GB of RAM (UMS Server)
- At least 2 GB of free HDD space (UMS Server)
- At least 3 GB of RAM (UMS Console)
- At least 1 GB of free HDD space (UMS Console)
- The UMS Server must not be installed on a domain controller system.
- Manually modifying the Java Runtime Environment on the UMS Server is not recommended.
- Running additional Apache Tomcat web servers together with the UMS Server is not recommended either.
UMS Load Balancer
- At least 1 GB of RAM
- At least 1 GB of free HDD space
All UMS Servers and UMS Load Balancers must reside on the same VLAN. Network traffic must be allowed over UDP broadcast port 6155, and TCP traffic and UDP broadcast traffic over port 61616. For more information on UMS ports, see UMS Communication Ports.
Note: IGEL UMS Server HA is not supported in cloud environments like Azure / AWS as they do not allow broadcast traffic within their networks.
Database Systems (DBMS)
For details on the supported database systems, see the "Supported Environment" section of the release notes. Details of the requirements when installing and operating the database can be found in the documentation for the particular DBMS.
The embedded database cannot be used for an HA network. You can use the embedded database only for a dedicated test installation with only a single server for the UMS Server and UMS Load Balancer.
The database system must be accessible to all UMS Servers.