Menu path: UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Universal Firmware Update
Here, you can configure the connection to the IGEL firmware server and the connection to an FTP server.
You can use an FTP server for distributing firmware updates to devices, as an alternative to the WebDav capability of the UMS. If your devices are connected via ICG, an FTP server is required.
Edit...: Changes the Universal Firmware Update settings and the FTP server settings.
Proxy Server: Optional proxy server to access the IGEL firmware server.
Protocol: Protocol and mode to be used. (Default: FTP)
- FTP: FTP in active mode
- FTP passive: FTP in passive mode
- FTPS: FTPS in active mode
- FTPS passive: FTPS in passive mode
- SFTP: SFTP
Host: Hostname of the server
Port: Port number. (Default: 21 for FTP and FTPS, 22 for SFTP)
User Name: Name of the user
Password: User password
Directory: Path of the FTP server
Edit proxy configuration:
- No proxy server: Direct connection to the configured server.
- Use default proxy server: Use the proxy server which is configured as default in Proxy Server.
- Use selected proxy server: Select a proxy server from the list.
Test server connection: Tests communication between the IGEL server and your FTP server.
Further information regarding the Universal Firmware Update can be found under Universal Firmware Update.