Download page System Configuration.
This document describes various recommended settings for UMS.
To define the settings, proceed as follows:
- Start the UMS Console.
- Go to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Logging and copy the following settings:
Confirm the setting with Yes.
Go to Administrative Tasks.
Click add ( + ) to create a new administrative task.
The Create Administrative Task dialog opens.
Copy the following settings:
Click Next and copy the following settings:
Click Next and Finish.Having logging activated is important for reproducing errors. In this way, you are able to trace the log and event messages in the UMS under System > Logging.
- Click Device Network Settings and copy the following settings:
- Click Server Network Settings and copy the following settings:
- Go back to Administrative Tasks in the UMS Administration tree.
- Create another Administrative Task for the database backups:
Enter the required target directory:We recommend that you create a database backup in order to be able to recover the original UMS data in the event of data loss.
Set a rhythm to repeat the backup as shown below and click Finish:
- Go to Active Directory / LDAP and add a new Active Directory/LDAP service with the following values:
- Click the Test connection button to check if your configuration is working.