Download page Setting up Devices Manually.
Setting up Devices Manually
You can create the data sets for devices manually.
The firmware for the devices must be available in the database. To ensure that this is the case, it can be imported or provided by devices that have already been registered. This method is therefore not always appropriate when setting up the UMS for the first time.
To create an entry for a device in the database manually, proceed as follows:
- In the context menu of a device directory, select the New Device option.
- Give the MAC address, the name and the firmware of the device and, optionally, select a directory for the device.
- Enter the following data:
- MAC address: MAC address of the device
- Version: Firmware version of the device
- Name: Device name (A maximum of 15 characters is allowed.)
- Directory (optional): Directory in which the device is to be displayed