After the AD users have been imported, they can access the UMS with their Active Directory credentials.
As UMS administrators, the users still need individual access rights.
To assign these rights, proceed as follows:
- In the structure tree of the UMS console choose the Devices node or a subgroup of devices or a single client.
- Click Access Control in the context menu of your selection.
- The Access Control window opens.
- Click Add to select your new user/group.
- The corresponding Effective Rights will be listed in the lower part of the mask.
- Allow or Deny the rights of the selected group or user for access to the selected devices
- Confirm the settings with OK.
- Click the Refresh button of the console to apply the changes in the UMS.If you have changed the rights of registered users they only take effect after a refresh.
For further details about authorization rules see our How-To IGEL UMS: User Authorization Rules.