Download page Configuring Devices.
You can configure a device via the UMS in the following ways:
- Via Structure tree > [Device Context Menu] > Edit Configuration: Here, you can edit the device setup as you would if you were working at the device itself.
- Via a profile: You assign part-configurations to the device via a profile.
- Via shadowing with VNC: By shadowing the client, you can work in the setup on the device itself.
You can edit the device configuration locally in the client setup or directly for this client in the IGEL UMS:
or select Edit configuration from the menu / context menu
or select the corresponding symbol from the symbol bar.
The configuration dialog for a device in the UMS and the profile configuration procedure are structured in the same way as the local setup for a device. Details of this are set out in the relevant manual.
With a click on this symbol you can reset settings to the default value from UMS version 5.09.100 on.
To determine when changes to the configuration are to take effect, proceed as follows.
- Change the configuration.
- Click on Save.
- Select when the settings are to take effect.
- Next Reboot: The device will automatically retrieve its settings each time it boots.
- Now: The settings will be transferred to the device immediately.
If the device is not switched on, this operation cannot be performed and the device will be given its settings the next time it reboots. In both cases, the settings will initially be saved in the database.If you have selected Immediately, a pop-up dialog will ask the user whether the new settings should take effect immediately. You can change the user message using the following two registry parameters: