Menu path: Server - [UMS Server address] > Universal Firmware Update
In this area, you can search for new firmware updates for IGEL devices and devices converted by OSC, import the configuration data for specific firmware versions, and provide the firmware files for distribution.
The following options are available in the context menu:
- Check for new firmware updates
- Snapshot -> Universal Firmware Update
- Firmware archive (zip file) -> Universal Firmware Update
Access control. See Access Rights.
When you select Snapshot -> Universal Firmware Update or Firmware Archive (zip file) -> Universal Firmware Update, you can choose one of the following options:
- Import Firmwares: Imports the configuration data for specific firmware versions from XML files that have been generated by a UMS instance.
- Snapshot -> Universal Firmware Update: Registers a Windows Embedded Standard snapshot as a Universal Firmware Update.
- Firmware archive (zip file) -> Universal Firmware Update: Registers the firmware files for IGEL OS as a Universal Firmware Update.
Once you have provided the update files, you must assign them to the devices and launch the update process. See Assigning Updates.
You can use an FTP server for distributing the firmware updates to the devices, as an alternative to the WebDAV capability of the UMS. An FTP server is required if your devices are connected via ICG. For further information, see Universal Firmware Update.
If you have a High Availability environment and use the WebDAV for downloading the firmware updates, see How to Detect Which Files Are Synchronized Automatically.