In the update mode, the UMS Servers run with a local copy of the database. This ensures that they can answer requests from the devices and transfer configuration settings and profiles to the devices.
In the update mode, you can connect to the servers via the UMS Console. All changes made in the UMS Console during this time will be lost after the update.
WarningDo not make changes in the productive database during the update process. This is because decoupled servers work with a copy of the database schema in the meantime. For this reason, the update of all components within the UMS HA network should be carried out immediately. Implement a test system for the first installation of new IGEL UMS versions and check their processes before transferring them to the productive system. This also applies to hotfixes, patches, etc. for server systems and databases.
Updating the First UMS Servers
You can select any UMS Server within the HA network to start the update procedure.
Launch the UMS installer.You need administration rights to update the IGEL UMS HA.
When installing the UMS Server as a part of the HA network on Linux, the directory
/rootmust be writable for the user
- Read and confirm the License Agreement.
- Read the Information regarding the installation process.
- Verify the components to be installed. (In this case: HA network with UMS Server and UMS Load Balancer installed individually)
Confirm the system requirements dialog if your system fulfills them.
- If the internal Windows firewall is active on your host: Review the settings under Windows firewall settings and change them where necessary. Each port that is activated here will be set as rule in the Windows firewall. For more information about the usage of ports, see UMS Communication Ports.
- Read the summary and start the installation process.
During the installation, the UMS Server switches to update mode.
- Confirm the message
n of m servers updated.
Close the UMS installer once the installation is complete.
If SQL Server AD Native is used, you must also set the correct startup type and logon settings for the "IGEL RMGUIServer" service and restart the service. This must be done on ALL UMS Server hosts. For details, see "Configuring the UMS Server Windows Service" under "Setting Up the UMS for SQL Server AD Native".
- Continue with the update of the next UMS Server.
Updating the Last UMS Server
1-9 on the last UMS Server to be updated.Repeat steps
The last UMS Server updated renews the schema of the productive database after the installation. All other UMS Servers within the network which run in the update mode will be informed that the installation has finished. They will restart and reconnect themselves to the productive database. Afterwards, they will run in normal mode.
>> Proceed with Updating Further Components.