Menu path: UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Attributes
In this area, you can set up additional attributes for devices.
Click on to set up a new device attribute:
Name: Display name of the attribute
UMS internal identifier: This identifier is only required for creating/editing views or editing searches in text mode, see Creating a New View. You can leave this field empty if you do not plan to use the device attribute in text mode of views and searches.
You can either generate the internal identifier automatically by clicking Generate ID or specify it manually.
The UMS internal identifier must start with a lower-case letter. Only the following characters are allowed: a-z, A-Z, 0-9.
Type: Data type of the attribute
- String: A sequence of letters, numbers, and special characters is expected.
- List: A list of values is provided for selection. These values are specified as shown below:
Values for the Attribute Type "List"
- Value: Name of the predefined value
- Description: Optional description of the value
- Number: A numerical value is expected.
- Date: A date is expected.
Description: Optional description of the attribute
Using the up and down arrows, you can change the order of the additional attributes.