In order to find devices in the network, the following requirements must be met:
- The devices must be switched on and functioning.
- The firmware for the devices must support the UMS. This is the case with the following devices:
- IGEL devices with original firmware
- Devices converted with IGEL OS Creator (OSC)
- Devices on which IGEL OS was booted via a UD Pocket
- Devices on which IGEL OS was installed using IGEL Universal Desktop Converter 2/3 (UDC2/UDC3)
- Devices on which the UMA (Universal Management Agent) is running
To search for devices in the network and register them in the UMS, proceed as follows:
- Log in to the UMS Console.
The content panel of the console will be displayed.
- Click on
The Scanning for devices window will open. .
- Specify the search area:
If there are a number of network interfaces, you should bear in mind that the broadcast message is only sent via the first network interface. If you use Windows, this is under the first item in the list of network connections.
- Local Network of the UMS Server: The UMS Server will send a broadcast message to the network.
If TCP is used for searching, the search procedure will take longer.
- IP Range: The UMS Server contacts each device in the given range.
- List of IP Ranges: With Edit list, you can specify the IP ranges in which the UMS will search for devices.
- Use TCP for scanning: If this option is enabled, communication with the devices will take place via TCP. If this option is disabled, UDP will be used.
- Click on Scan.
The search results will be shown in the Found devices window. The devices can now be registered; see Registering devices.