Download page Assigning Updates.
There are various options for assigning a registered firmware update to a device:
- using drag & drop
- using Assigned Objects in the device view
- via a directory
Assigning a firmware update will not trigger the update process. Only the information required for the update will be transferred to the device.
If you are using a Windows-based device, refer to the chapters Snapshots and Partial Update in the Windows 10 IoT manual.
The update process can be launched in two ways:
- Right-click on the device in the UMS structure tree.
- From the context menu, select Update & snapshot commands > Update or Update when shutting down.
- As a job:
- Right-click on Jobs in the UMS structure tree.
- Select New Scheduled Job from the context menu.
- Enter a Name.
- As Command, select Update, or Update on Boot, or Update when shutting down.
- Complete the setup procedure for the job, see Details and Schedule.
- Assign the job to devices or directories, see Assignment.