Download page Managing User Permissions via UMS.
Managing User Permissions via UMS
It is necessary to globally manage the permissions of the thin client users, e.g. for editing system information.
Use the Access Control function in the UMS.
There are different places where to open the Access Control dialog:
- In the main menu under Edit > Access Control
- In the symbol bar under
- In the context menu of a thin client or a thin client folder under Access Control
Defining end user permissions:
- Click Access Control in the context menu of a thin client (folder).
The Access Control dialog opens.
- Click Add to select a new user/group.
- The corresponding Effective Rights will be listed in the lower part of the mask.
- Allow or Deny the permissions of the selected group or user for the selected thin clients.
- Confirm the settings with OK.
- Click the Refresh button of the console to apply the changes in the UMS.If you have changed the rights of registered users they only take effect after a refresh.
For further details about authorization rules see our How-To IGEL UMS: User Authorization Rules.
Access rights to objects or actions within the IGEL UMS are attached to the administrator accounts and groups. The rights of the database user account cannot be restricted. They are created during installation or when setting up the data source. The account always has full access rights in the UMS.