Download page Oracle RAC.
1. Set up a new database user with
Resource role in the Oracle Database Administration.
A number of Oracle versions set up the
Create Viewauthorization. Please ensure that this authorization is set for the role.
For the proper operation of the UMS with Oracle databases, particularly for the upgrade process, the number of
open_cursors for the database must be adjusted.
open_cursors is a system setting.
- To get the actual value, log in to the database as
SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where name = 'open_cursors';
- The recommended value for
open_cursorsis "3000". To set the value, issue the following command as
SQL> alter system set open_cursors = 3000 scope=both;
- The same command should be added to the
SPFILEof the Oracle system in order for the changes to persist on the next reboot.
2. Use the UMS Administrator to set up a new Oracle RAC type data source for each server.