In value groups, logically associated values from various template keys can be brought together and assigned together to devices.
If for example you have various profiles which are to receive country-specific settings via template keys and value assignments, all values for a country / a language can be grouped in a value group. When such a group is assigned, a device also receives all values for its country / its language contained in it.
To create a group, proceed as follows:
- Create a template profile with keys and values.
- Click on System>New>New Value Group in order to create a new value group.
- Enter a name and description for the group.
- Select the desired values from each key, multiple selections are possible.
- Confirm your settings by clicking on OK.
- Create further groups.
- Assign the template profile to all devices.
- Assign the appropriate group in each case to the devices.
- Highlight the Devices tree node.
- Click on Devices>Check the Template Definitions in order to check the definitions.
The result is shown in the message window.
After the next restart or a manual transfer, the devices will receive the new session data with shared and country-specific profile settings.