The long format provides detailed data as described in the following. The import file should be UTF-8 encoded.
- Directory: Storage directory in the UMS structure tree. This directory must exist before the devices are imported.
- Unit ID: If the device is an IGEL device or a device converted with UDC3 or IGEL OS Creator (OSC), the unit ID is identical to the MAC address of the device. If the device is a UD Pocket, the unit ID is hard-wired into the UD Pocket's USB flash drive.
- Product and Version: Product name and firmware version of the device (separated with a semicolon)
Name: Name of the device
- The maximal length of the device name is restricted to 15 characters if Adjust network name if UMS-internal name has been changed is enabled under UMS Console > UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Network Settings.
- The length of the device name is not restricted if Adjust network name if UMS-internal name has been changed and Naming Convention are not activated under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Network Settings.
- Each device name will be automatically overwritten in compliance with the naming convention, even if Adjust network name if UMS-internal name has been changed is enabled, in case Enable naming convention is activated under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Network Settings.
See also Thin Client Network Settings.
- Site: Location of the device
- Department: Department to which the device is assigned
- Comment: Comment regarding the device
- Asset ID: Inventory number of the device
- In-Service Date: Date on which the device was commissioned
- Serial Number: Serial number of the device
Profile Assignments: ID of the assigned profile or a list of IDs separated by commas if a number of profiles are to be assigned to the deviceYou can remove a profile assignment already made by placing an exclamation mark in front of the profile ID. Example:
!12The ID of a profile is shown in the description data and in the tooltip for the profile.
- Cost Center: Cost center to which the device is assigned
/Import;00E0C5540B9A;IGEL OS 11;11.01.100.01;IGEL-1;Büro1;EDV;Meier;0815;01.06.2019;F44M;26;01
/Import;00E0C5540B9B;IGEL OS 11;11.01.100.01;IGEL-2;Büro2;EDV;Müller;4711;01.06.2019;F45M;26;01
/Import;00E0C5540B9C;IGEL OS 11;11.01.100.01;IGEL-2;Büro3;EDV;Schulz;42;01.06.2019;F46M;26;01
A slash "/" means that the devices will be placed in the root directory. In the above examples, the devices are thus placed in the folder "Import" under root (the folder "Import" must exist).