By selecting the corresponding endpoint device in the Devices area of the IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS), you can view the up-to-date device information, e.g. the Unit ID, MAC address of the device, details on the available licenses, information on connected monitors, user login history, etc.
Menu path: Devices > [Directories] > [Name of the device]
For details on icons for an IGEL OS device, see Devices.
Click on the triangle symbols to expand or collapse hierarchy levels.
Click Copy to Clipboard (ASCII) to copy the device information in ASCII format.
The following details regarding the selected device are shown:
- Cost center
- Asset ID
- In-service date
- Serial number
- [custom attributes]: The attributes added under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Device Attributes are shown. For details, see Managing Device Attributes for IGEL OS Devices.
Advanced System Information
- Unit ID
- MAC address
- Last IP
- Product ID
- Version: Version of the operating system
- Firmware description
- IGEL Cloud Gateway
- Expiration date of OS 10 maintenance subscription
- Last contact: The time of the last contact between the device and the UMS. See here also Monitoring Device Health and Searching for Lost Devices.
- Last boot time
- Network name (at boot time)
- Runtime since last boot
- Total operating time
- Battery level: The battery level is shown on mobile devices. The display can be updated by clicking on Battery Level Control. . This function is available from IGEL OS 10.03.100. The frequency at which the device sends details of the current battery level to the UMS can be set via the Setup; further information can be found under
- CPU speed (MHz)
- CPU type
- Flash size (MB): Size of the flash memory (MB)
- Memory size (MB)
- Network speed
- Duplex mode
- Graphic chipset 1
- Graphics memory 1 (MB)
- Graphic chipset 2
- Graphics memory 2 (MB)
- Device type
- OS type: Operating system type
- BIOS vendor
- BIOS version
- BIOS date
- Boot mode
- Device serial number
- Structure tag. For details on structure tags, see Using Structure Tags.
In this area, all available network adapters of a device are listed. This information is provided as of IGEL OS 11.07.100.
The following information regarding network adapters is shown:
- Type: Type of the network adapter
- MAC: MAC address of the network adapter
- Name: Name of the corresponding network interface
- State: State of the network adapter as sent by the endpoint device, for example: down, up (the network adapter is connected to a network, not necessarily the same network as the UMS).
In this area, the licenses available for the device are listed.
Template Definition Check Results
In this area, you see the results of the check if template profiles and values have been assigned correctly, see Assigning Template Profiles and Values to the Devices. For general information on template profiles, see Template Profiles.
The following information is shown.
- Template expression
- Monitor 1
- Serial Number
- Native Resolution
- Date of Manufacture
- Monitor 2
- Serial Number
- Native Resolution
- Date of Manufacture
- Further monitors, if applicable...
For IGEL OS 11 devices:
The Asset Inventory Tracker requires a valid license from the IGEL Enterprise Management Pack (EMP). When the license expires, the feature is no longer available; devices whose licenses have expired will no longer send updated asset information to the UMS. For information on license deployment, see Setting up Automatic License Deployment.
For IGEL OS 10 devices:
The Asset Inventory Tracker requires a separate license; when the license has expired, the UMS will no longer update the asset information. For information on license deployment, see Licensing AIT.
With this function, you find information about peripherals connected to an endpoint device. The peripherals are sorted according to categories. A device can belong to more than one category and, accordingly, may be shown a number of times.
The Asset Inventory Tracker can be activated or deactivated under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > UMS Features > Enable inventory tracking.
In this area, the features available on the device are listed.
Windows Updates and Hotfixes
In this area, the Windows updates and hotfixes installed on the device are listed.
In this area, the partial updates installed on the device are listed. This information applies only for Windows devices, not IGEL OS devices, and is available from IGEL Universal Desktop W7 Version 3.12.100.
The following information regarding partial updates is shown.
File Transfer Status
As of device firmware IGEL OS 10.05.100, the transfer status of assigned files is displayed here, regardless of whether they have been assigned directly or indirectly (via profiles or firmware customizations).
You will receive the following information:
- File ID
- Classification: The classification assigned when the file is uploaded, or the use case of the firmware customization or the description of the profile.
- Status - possible values:
- Status Message
- Assigned via: For directly assigned files, the file name is displayed here. Otherwise, the name of the profile or of the firmware customization will be displayed.
User Login History
Specific types of user login can be logged in the UMS.
The user logins are logged if the following options are enabled:
- device or profile: System > Remote management > Options > Log login and logoff events checkbox
- UMS: UMS Administration > Misc Settings > Enable user logon history checkbox
If logging is enabled, the following information is saved:
- User name
- Login time
- Logout time
- Login type
The following login types can be logged in the UMS:
- Shared Workplace