To install the IGEL Universal Management Suite under Windows, proceed as follows:
- Download the current version of the IGEL Universal Management Suite from the IGEL Download Server.
Launch the installer.
You will need administrator rights in order to install the UMS.
- Read and confirm the License Agreement.
- Read the Information regarding the installation process and click Next.
- Select the folder for the installation under Select Destination Location. (Default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IGEL\RemoteManager)
- If you already have a UMS installation, select the file name for the backup of your embedded database. If you do not choose a file name and click on Next, no backup will be created. See also Updating under Windows.
Choose the components to be installed under Select Components.
with UMS Console
with Embedded Database
Only UMS Console
UMS High Availability Network (requires a license)
UMS Load Balancer
The embedded database is suitable for most purposes. If not disabled, the embedded database will automatically be installed if you select Standard UMS.
The use of an external database system is recommended in the following cases:
- You manage a large network of devices.
- A dedicated database system is already in use in your company.
- You integrate the High Availability solution.
- Select the UMS data directory. (Default:
- Under User Credentials for DB-connect, enter a user name and password for the database connection.
- Choose a folder name under Select Start Menu Folder.
- Read the summary and start the installation process.
The installer will install the UMS, create entries in the Windows software directory and in the start menu and will place a shortcut for the UMS Console on the desktop.
- Close the program after completing the installation by clicking on Finish.
If you have chosen the standard installation, the UMS Server will run with the embedded database.
- Start the UMS Console.
- Connect the UMS Console to the UMS Server using the access data for the database that you entered during the installation.
You will find information regarding the use of the UMS with external databases under Connecting External Database Systems.
Silent Installation of the UMS Console
You can carry out the installation silently by first creating an
.inf file and then launching the installation using a command line.
Silent installation is only possible for the UMS Console. It is not possible for the UMS Administrator and the UMS Server.
For further information, see Unattended/Silent Installation of UMS Console.