Download page Launching a VNC Session.
Launching a VNC Session
Limitations for Special Characters
Some special characters might not be transmitted through the VNC connection. The processing of special characters depends on the following factors:
- Keyboard layout configured on the VNC client and on the VNC server
- VNC viewer in use: An external viewer and the internal viewer behave differently.
- Firmware version of the endpoint device
To launch a VNC session, proceed as follows:
- In the context menu, click Shadowing.
A connection dialog will appear.
- Enter the password if you have set one in the security options.
If you have a user account, you can connect to the UMS Server and launch the IGEL VNC Viewer separately. The IGEL applications folder in the Windows Start Menu contains a link to it.
- Enter a host name or the IP address manually on the first tab.
- On the second tab, select a thin client from the structure tree.