You can highlight or select objects in the navigation tree by clicking on them. Multiple selections are possible using the [shift] or [Ctrl] key.
From UMS Version 5.01.100, you can specify whether the UMS console should remember the open areas in the navigation tree and show them open the next time that it starts. With extensive structures, however, this can result in longer starting times. You will find the Load collapsed/uncollapsed tree status at login setting under Misc > Settings > Appearance.
From UMS Version 5.03.100, you can increase the speed when scrolling for drag and drop actions. Acceleration starts as soon as the object moved touches the bottom edge of the navigation tree window. Acceleration is helpful if the navigation tree contains a very large number of objects. To change the scroll speed, enable Extras > Settings > Accelerate Drag and Drop and set the acceleration factor to a suitable value.
The number of elements contained including elements in sub-folders is shown after each folder. You can change this setting under Misc > Settings > Appearance > Show Content Amount of Directories.
The navigation tree is subdivided into the following areas:
- Profiles: Allows you to create and organize standard profiles.
- Master profiles: Allows you to create and organize master profiles.
- Template Profiles: Keys and values for use in template profiles.
- Firmware Customization: Customize the user interface to suit your CD (corporate design).
- Thin clients: Allows you to organize managed thin clients.
- Shared Workplace users: Allows you to assign specific profiles to AD users.
- Views: Allows you to create configurable list views for thin clients.
- Jobs: Allows you to define scheduled tasks, e.g. firmware updates.
- Files: Allows you to register files for transferral to thin clients.
- Universal Firmware update: Allows you to download the current firmware versions for distribution to thin clients.
- Search History: Saved search queries.
- Recycle Bin: Deleted and restorable objects.