Download page PostgreSQL.
For details on the supported database systems, see the "Supported Environment" section of the release notes. Details of the requirements when installing and operating the database can be found in the documentation for the particular DBMS.
When installing a new instance of the PostgreSQL database, set the following parameters:
- Install the database cluster with
- Accept the conditions for all addresses, not just
- Activate Procedural Language
PL/pgsqlin the default database.
For further information regarding installation of the PostgreSQL database, see http://www.postgresql.org.
Once installation is complete, carry out the following configuration procedure:
- Change the server parameters: The parameter
listen_addressesin the file
postgresql.confmust contain the host name of the IGEL UMS Server or
'*'in order to allow connections to each host.
Set up a
hostparameter in the file
pg_hba.confin order to give the UMS Server the authorization to log in using the user data defined there.If the IGEL UMS Server is installed on the same machine as the PostgreSQL Server, no changes to these files are needed.
- Launch the administration tool pgAdmin.
- Create a new login role with the name
- Create a new database with
- Set up a new schema within the rmdb database with
- Check whether the language plpgsql is available in the rmdb database.
If not, set it up.
- In the UMS Administrator, create a new data source with the following parameters:
Host: Name of the PostgreSQL Server
Port: Port of the PostgreSQL Server. (Default: 5432)
Database / SID: