The move provides an opportunity to remove any UMS database data which are no longer used. For example, you can
- delete endpoint devices that no longer exist
- delete profiles that are no longer used
- remove files and firmware updates that are no longer needed
It is highly recommended to create a backup before carrying out the cleanup (as a backup of the system running) and another one after the cleanup.
- Create a backup before performing the move:
- For external database systems: Use the backup procedures recommended by the DBMS manufacturer. For the backup of server configurations, use the UMS Administrator tool, see Creating a Backup.
Save the following files, e.g. to a storage medium that can be accessed during UMS HA installation:
[IGEL installation directory]/rmtcserver/*(includes the
tc.keystorefile, which is necessary for the communication with the endpoint devices)
[IGEL installation directory]/rmclient/cacerts
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/cacerts
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/irm_keystore
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/webapps/e08ce61-d6df-4d2b-b44a-14c1ec722c44
Files and firmware updates
[IGEL installation directory]/rmguiserver/webapps/ums_filetransfer