For individual server systems, the update of the UMS, e.g. from UMS 5.08 to UMS 5.09, can be carried out in the usual way, i.e. by creating a backup of the UMS database and then installing the new UMS version over the existing one. If you want to switch from a standard UMS installation to a High Availability (HA) installation, you will need, however, a number of servers as well as an external database. For this reason, an update often involves the migration of the UMS Server and the (embedded) database.
The procedure for moving the UMS Server with an embedded database to a UMS HA network is described below.
The move involves the following steps:
- Backing up and, if necessary, cleaning existing data.
- Setting up the new database.
- Transferring the data from the existing database to the new one.
- Updating the existing UMS Server. Connecting the new server to the new database.
- Licensing the HA extension.
- Installing additional components for the UMS HA network.