This document describes various recommended settings for UMS.
To define the settings, proceed as follows:
- Start the UMS Console.
- Go to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Logging and copy the following settings:Having logging activated is important for reproducing errors. In this way, you are able to trace the log and event messages in the UMS under System > Logging.
- Click Settings > Other Settings and copy the following settings:
- Close the UMS Administrator.
- Open the UMS Console.
- Go to Administrative Tasks in the UMS Administration tree.
- Create an Administrative Task for the database backups:We recommend that you create a database backup in order to be able to recover the original UMS data in the event of data loss.
- Go to Active Directory / LDAP Configuration in the UMS Administration tree and add a new Active Directory/LDAP Service with the following values:
- Click the Test connection button to check that your configuration is working.