Menu path: Structure tree > Template Profiles
Template profiles have to be enabled first under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Misc Settings, see Activating Template Profiles.
A template profile allows you to add variables for individual parameters in the profile and to assign their values to objects.
Template profiles are used if you would like to avoid having to set up numerous sessions which differ only in terms of a few points.
A company's thin clients are spread across a number of sites. All clients are to receive a browser session with the same settings via a profile, but a different start page is to be configured in the global settings for each site. It should also be possible to choose an individual session name for each site.
Up until now, a dedicated profile with global settings and session data would be created for each site.
In many cases, the desired settings cannot be combined via various profiles, see free instances. The unnecessarily large number of profiles is also difficult to manage in the long term.
The use of a single template profile offers greater flexibility. This contains all data for the browser session which are common to the thin clients as well as placeholders, so-called template keys. The template keys contain parameters which are to receive divergent values for different clients at different sites.
The template profile is assigned to all clients. The site-relevant template values are assigned to the particular clients that are to receive this value.
The thin client thus receives a profile whose settings are made up of fixed parameter values updated in the profile and the template values assigned to it that are referenced by template keys in the profile.
- Template keys are used in one or more profiles.
- A template key has a number of values.
- The template profile is assigned directly or indirectly to a number of thin clients.
- A value from the key can be assigned to one or more thin clients directly or indirectly.
A thin client thus receives not only general profile settings but also the template value assigned to it for the configuration parameter which is represented in the profile by the associated template key as a placeholder.
- Activating Template Profiles
- Creating Template Keys and Values
- Using Template Keys in Profiles
- Assigning Template Profiles and Values to the Thin Clients
- Value Groups
- Export Template Keys and Value Groups
- Import Template Keys and Value Groups