Starting the installation at any UMS Server within the network and updating all components of the system:
Launch the installer by running the .
exefile.You will need administration rights in order to update IGEL UMS.
- Close other applications and confirm that you have done so.
- Read and confirm the license agreement.
- Read the explanation of the installation process.
- Verify the components to be installed (in this case: HA network with server and load balancer installed individually).
- Choose a name for the entry in the Windows start menu.
- Read the summary and start the installation process.
During the installation, the server switches to the update mode.
- Confirm the message
n of m server updated.
- Close the program once the installation is complete.
- Continue with the update of the next server.
After the update of the last server, check in the administration area of the UMS Console whether all servers within the network have updated.
In the update mode, the servers run with a local copy of the database. This ensures that they can answer requests from the thin clients and transfer configuration settings and profiles to the clients.
The last server which is being updated renews the schema of the productive database after the installation. All other servers within the network which run in update mode will be informed that the installation has finished. They will restart and reconnect themselves to the productive database. Afterwards, they will run in productive mode.