Create a backup of the database before updating a previously installed version of the UMS. Otherwise, you risk losing all database content.
To perform an update under Windows, proceed as follows:
- Download the current version of the IGEL Universal Management Suite from the IGEL Download Server.
Close any other applications and launch the installer.
You will need administrator rights in order to install the UMS.
- Read and confirm the License Agreement.
- Read the Information regarding the installation process and click Next.
- Under Database backup, select a file for the backup of the existing embedded database. If you do not choose a file name and click on Next, no backup will be created.
Choose the components to be installed under Select Components.
with UMS Console
with Embedded Database
Only UMS Console
UMS High Availability Network (requires a license)
UMS Load Balancer
- Choose a folder name under Select Start Menu Folder.
- Read the summary and start the installation process.
- Confirm that you have closed all other UMS applications.
- Confirm the automatic updating of the database schema.
The installer will install the new version of the UMS, create entries in the Windows software directory and in the start menu and will place a shortcut for the UMS Console on the desktop.
During a UMS upgrade, e.g. from 5.08 to 5.09, the database schema is changed by the installer. With large production databases, this process can last up to 2 hours. Do not abort the installation during this time.
- Close the program once the installation is complete by clicking on Finish.
Once the update has been installed successfully, the UMS Server will connect to the previously used database.
- Start the UMS Console.
- Connect the UMS Console to the UMS Server with the help of the existing access data.