There is no obvious way of viewing files from removable media locally on the thin client.
You want to view files from removable media locally on the thin client.
Create a custom application that opens the contents of removable media in the File Manager.
- Go to System > Firmware Customization > Custom Application in Setup.
- Click the star symbol to create a new Custom Application.
- Enter a name, e.g. Removable Media, and choose desktop integration options for the application.
- Enter folder as the Icon name and
thunar /userhome/mediaas the Command in the Settings dialog
- Save the settings.
- Insert a removable medium such as a USB stick into the thin client.
- Click the new Removable Media icon. This opens File Manager and lets you browse the contents. Clicking a file will open it in the application configured by the MIME type handler (as of IGEL LINUX 5.06.100, see FAQ).
Legal NoteIGEL's Terms & Conditions apply.