Menu path: Setup > Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug
In this area, you can set up the connection of hotplug storage devices. These can be USB mass storage devices or MMC card readers for example.
You can change the following settings:
- Default permission: Default access permissions for hotplug storage devices.
- Read only
- Enable dynamic client drive mapping. If this option is enabled, hotplug storage devices are automatically added and removed during ICA sessions and RDP sessions. Before you mechanically disconnect the hotplug storage device from the thin client, you must remove itsafely. To do this, click onin the taskbar. If the following warning is shown: The device is still in use! Do NOT disconnect the device., the hotplug storage device must not be removed. Close either the named program or close all open files or directories within a session that are located on the hotplug storage device.
- Number of storage hotplug devices: The number of hotplug storage devices that can be used in the session.
- Private drive letter for storage drives: If this option is enabled, each hotplug storage device will be assigned an individual drive letter. If this option is disabled, a single drive letter will be generated for all hotplug storage devices and each hotplug storage device will be assigned a sub-directory.
- Start storage drives with this drive letter: Letter that is assigned to the first hotplug storage device if automatic drive mapping is enabled. Further hotplug storage devices are assigned the next letter alphabetically.
- ICA read access to hotplug storage devices: Specifies whether read access to hotplug storage devices is allowed in an ICA session.
This setting is only effective if Enable dynamic drive mapping is disabled.
- Yes: Read access is allowed.
- No: Read access is not allowed.
- Ask user: Read access can be allowed on request.
- ICA write access to storage hotplug devices: Specifies whether write access to hotplug storage devices is allowed in an ICA session.This setting is only effective if Enable dynamic drive mapping is disabled.
- Yes: Write access is allowed.
- No: Write access is not allowed.
- Ask user: Write access can be allowed on request.
- Use storage hotplug beep: If this option is enabled, a signal tone will be heard when connecting and disconnecting hotplug storage devices.
- Show storage hotplug message: If this option is enabled, hotplug messages will be shown when connecting and disconnecting hotplug storage devices.
- Message timeout: Period of time after which the window with the hotplug messages is hidden. If the time period is set to 0, the window will be shown until it is closed manually.