Menu path: Setup > User Interface > Desktop > Screenlock / Screensaver > Options
- Start automatically
Password). (default)The screenlock or screensaver starts automatically if there is no activity on the thin client within this time limit. The screenlock can be overridden by the user or administrator with the relevant password (see:
- Timeout: Period of time in minutes before the screenlock or the screensaver starts. The start of the screenlock can be initiated by a countdown. (default: 5)
None: No password is set. A screenlock cannot be set up.
Countdown duration in seconds: Duration of the countdown that initiates the screenlock. If the value is 0, the screen is locked without countdown. (default: 0)The appearance of the countdown's digits can be defined together with the clock display settings unter Setup > User Interface > Screenlock / Screensaver > Screensaver; see Screensaver. The following parameters are relevant for the countdown:
- Image display mode
- Clock display monitor
- Clock display size
- Horizontal clock position
- Vertical clock position
- Clock background color
- Clock foreground color
- Countdown visual effect: During the countdown, an up-to-date screenshot is displayed. This parameter defines which visual is applied to the screenshot.
- Dark screenshot (default)
- Gray screenshot
- Countdown background image: Path and file name of an image that is displayed in the background. This image is displayed instead of the screenshot if the path and file name are valid; if the field is empty, the screenshot is displayed. Supported file formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF. Example:
- Different screenlock timeout
You can specify a time limit of your own for the screenlock. (default)
The same time limit will be used for the screenlock as for the screensaver. This means that after the set time the screen will be locked and then the screensaver will appear.
- Allow administrator password
Access is allowed for the user and the administrator. (default)
Access is allowed for the user only.