Your first CP will contain a simple shell script that displays the message "Hello, world!" with the help of the
- Log into Local Terminal as
- Change into the
- Make a hello directory for your CP contents:
- Change into the hello directory:
- Open a new plaintext file using the GNU Nano editor:
- Put this content into the file:
#!/bin/bashgtkmessage -m "Hello, World!" -t "Hello" -o "Close"
- Save the file by pressing [Ctrl]+[o], [Return].
- Exit the GNU Nano editor by pressing [Ctrl]+[x].
- Make the file executable:
chmod a+x hello.sh
- Run the shell script from the command line to test it:
A message window like the one pictured above should open. You can close it with the Close button.
Last update: August 1, 2019