You want to update the thin client's firmware locally (without IGEL Universal Management Suite and HTTP/FTP server).
You can use a USB storage device to update the firmware locally. This method is particularly suitable if only one device or only a few thin clients are to be updated and it would not be worth installing an FTP or HTTP server purely for the update. Proceed as follows:
- Download the update file (.zip) for your device from the IGEL download server.
- Save the unpacked update files on a FAT32-formatted USB storage device.
- Within the local setup application select Devices > Storage Devices > USB Storage Hotplug and set the Number of USB storage hotplug devices to at least 1.
- Apply the changes so that they are effective for the thin client.
- Connect the USB storage device to the thin client and wait until the device has been detected.
- Select System > Update > Firmware Update.
- Set Protocol to FILE.
- Start the file chooser (Server Path) and navigate to
/userhome/media///udlx.infand click Open.
- Click Update Firmware and confirm the warning message.
The thin client will reboot while updating the firmware. Do not remove the USB device until the update has finished.
To update the client's firmware without access to the local setup follow FAQ Updating the Firmware using the Linux Console.