If you intend to use shadowing on IGEL OS, there are a number of options that can make it more secure.
By default, Shadowing does not use encrypted network transport or a password. To activate these security features, do the following:
- In IGEL Setup go to System > Remote Access > Shadow
- Make as many of the following settings as possible for your use case. Each setting improves security, and often also privacy:
- Enable Secure Mode.
- Enable Use Passwordand set a strong password (not needed in Secure Mode)
- Enable Prompt User to allow Remote Session.
- Enable Allow User to disconnect Remote Shadowing.
- Disable Allow Input from Remote.
Click Apply.Secure mode for shadowing can be enabled globally in UMS under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Remote Access. There you can also enable logging of users who have used secure mode shadowing .