This document describes how to upgrade any number of devices (UDC3) from IGEL OS 10 to IGEL OS 11.
IGEL OS 10.05.800 or higher is required for upgrading to IGEL OS 11. If you have an older version of IGEL OS 10, you need to update to 10.05.800 first.
Since a new licensing model has been introduced with IGEL OS 11, a license from an IGEL Workspace Edition Product Pack must be available for each devices. If you have a valid maintenance for your devices, you can convert your existing UDC3 or UD Pocket Product Packs to Workspace Edition (WE) Product Packs; see Converting Licenses for Upgrading to IGEL OS 11.
The following methods of mass deployment are described here:
- Mass Upgrading Your Devices: Mass upgrade from any version of IGEL OS 10 to IGEL OS 11 in one step using Universal Firmware Update. This method can be started immediately or as a scheduled job (wake up or reboot).
- Using Buddy Update: Mass upgrade from any version of IGEL OS 10 to IGEL OS 11 in one step using two devices as update buddies. This method can be started immediately or as a scheduled job (wake up or reboot).
- Zero-Touch Deployment Using a Scheduled Job: Upgrade devices which are already running IGEL OS 10.05.800 using a specific scheduled job.
- Devices That Can Be Upgraded to Igel OS 11
- Important! Consider This Before Upgrading
- Preparing the Upgrade
- Testing the Upgrade
- Zero-Touch Deployment Using Universal Firmware Update
- Zero-Touch Deployment Using Buddy Update UDC3
- Mass Deployment Using a Scheduled Job