Menu path: Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp > HDX/ICA Global > Unified Communications > Cisco Jabber
Feature Not Available on IZ Devices
This feature is not available on IGEL IZ devices (IGEL Zero HDX, IGEL Zero RFX, or IGEL Zero Horizon).
No Video Available
Due to the limitations of the integration of Citrix Receiver 13.9.1 (32 bit), video ist not available in this version. For a full list of limitations, see the note "Features with Limited Functionality".
For vendor documentation, see Deployment and Installation Guide for Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI for HP Thin Pro and Ubuntu Release 12.0.
The Cisco JVDI Client configuration is only displayed if the Multimedia Codec Pack (MMC) is present. See also the list with features that require codec pack.
Feature with Limited Functionality
As of IGEL OS 10.05.100, there is a special 32 bit sandbox solution for Cisco JVDI which requires Citrix Receiver 13.9.1 (32 bit). When Cisco JVDI is enabled (downloaded and installed), Citrix Receiver 13.9.1 (32 bit) is used automatically. The selection under Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp > Citrix Receiver Selection is ignored.
The following features cannot be used in a session with Citrix Receiver 13.9.1 (32 bit):
- Multimedia redirection
- Smartcard authentication
- Native USB redirection, which implies that peripherals like signature pads, dictation devices etc. can not be used
- FabulaTech USB redirection
- RTME (Skype for Business)
- HTML5 redirection
Feature Must Be Enabled
The Cisco JVDI Client must be enabled explicitly. This involves an additional software download and installation. To enable the feature, proceed as follows:
- Ensure that the settings under System > Update > Firmware Update are correct. The Server Path must point to the firmware version that is currently installed. This is required because the appropriate software package for the Cisco JVDI Client must be downloaded in order to deploy the feature.
- Go to System > Firmware Customization > Features and activate Cisco JVDI Client (Limited functionality – see product documentation for details).
- Confirm the warning dialog with Ok.
- Click Ok in the main window.
- Reboot the thin client.
On reboot, the thin client downloads and installs the software package for the Cisco JVDI Client .
Cisco JVDI Client
☑ The Cisco JVDI Client is enabled.
☐ The Cisco JVDI Client is disabled.
Default volume: Headphone volume control (Default: 80%)
Default microphone volume: Microphone volume control (Default: 80%)
Default ring volume: Ringtone volume control (Default 100%)
Internal sound card: Here you have the possibility to define a sound card. If you leave the field empty, the default sound card of the system is used.
For further information, see Sound Preferences.
Due to the limitations of the sandbox solution with Citrix Receiver 13.9.1 (32 bit), video ist not available in this version. Therefore, the settings in this area are not effective.