Download page CUPS: Mapping Local Printer to Citrix or RDP Sessions.
CUPS: Mapping Local Printer to Citrix or RDP Sessions
How to map a locally connected PCL/PS-based printer to ICA or RDP session?
The CUPS driver does not support all printer functions such as duplex, color profiles, etc.
- Open local IGEL Setup or UMS configuration or profile.
- Go to Devices > Printer > CUPS > Printers.
- Create a new printer and define a Printer Name.
- Select the Printer Port your printer is connected to.
- Set Manufacturer = Generic.
- Set Printer names = Raw Queue.
- Switch to tab Mapping in sessions.
- Enable Map Printer in ICA Sessions or Map Printer in RDP Sessions.
- Enable radio button Use Custom Windows Driver Name.
- Enter the exact name of the Windows driver installed on the server.
- Check if Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp > HDX / ICA Global > Mapping > Printer > Enable Client Printer Mapping or Sessions > RDP > RDP Global > Mapping > Printer > Enable Client Printer Mapping is enabled.
- Start the ICA or RDP session and install the printer driver with the redirected port named