Menu path: Setup > Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp > HDX/ICA Global > Mapping > Drive Mapping
Through drive mapping, each directory mounted on the thin client (including CD-ROMs and disk drives) is made available to you during ICA sessions on Citrix servers.
In this area, you can specify which drives and paths are mapped during the logon. This applies for all ICA sessions.
- Drive mapping:
☑ Citrix servers can access the thin client's local drives. (default)
To manage the Drive Mapping list, proceed as follows:
Click on to create a new entry.
Click on to remove the selected entry.
Click on to edit the selected entry.
Click on to copy the selected entry.
- Click on in the task bar. The taskbar is not available in a fullscreen session.
- Click on in the in-session control bar. Depending on the configuration, the in-session control bar may be available in a fullscreen session. For further information, see In-session Control Bar.
- Function Accessories > Safely Remove Hardware with further starting possibilities; amongst other things, a hotkey can be defined here.
If the following warning is displayed: Volume(s) still in use. Dont' remove the device., then the hotplug storage device must not be removed. First, exit the program concerned or close all files or directories that reside on the hotplug storage device.
Add Drive Mapping
☑ The drive will be made available in the session.
Drive to map: DOS-style drive letters on the Citrix Server.If the drive letter you have selected is no longer available on the Citrix server, the specified directory or local drive will be given the next free letter during the logon.
Local drive path: Unix path name of the local directory to which the mapping is to refer.If you map a locally connected device, use the pre-defined path names available in the drop-down field.
- Read access
- ask user: The read access right is queried when each ICA session is accessed for the first time.
- Write access
- ask user: The write access right is queried when each ICA session is accessed for the first time.