Menu path: Setup > Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp > HDX/ICA Global > HDX Multimedia
HDX multimedia redirection improves the playback of audio and video content during a Citrix session.
Hardware acceleration for multimedia playback is available on specific devices. Further information can be found in the Hardware Video Acceleration on IGEL OSFAQ.
- Multimedia redirection:
☑ Multimedia data are sent to the thin client and decoded there
☐ Multimedia data are decoded on the server. (default)
- HDX Realtime WebCam redirection
☑ Redirection is enabled
The following webcam parameters can be adjusted (for information on how to determine the capabilities of the webcam, see Using Webcam Information):
- HDX WebCam FrameRate (default: 5)
- Image quality of the HDX webcam (default: 16)
- Image width of the HDX webcam (default: 352)
- Image height of the HDX webcam (default: 288)
- HDX webcam delay time (default: 2000)
- HDX webcam delay type (default: 1)
☐ Redirection is not enabled (default)
- Use HDX RealTime Media Engine
☑ The HDX RealTime Media Engine significantly improves the performance of Lync / Skype for Business.
☐ The HDX RealTime Media Engine is not used. (default)
- Content redirection
☑ Specific content types are opened with a local program, e.g. PDF documents with Evince.
☐ Content redirection is disabled. (default)
- Browser content redirection
☑ The browser content is redirected from the server to the thin client, e.g. to relieve the load on the server.
☐ Browser content redirection is disabled. (default)